This three-card-slot wallet includes the write-anywhere Fisher Space Pen that we’re so fond of (here with a clip in matte black, silver, or polished brass options) and holds an included Rhodia A7 pocket size notebook. We like this wallet as an alternative to our original notebook wallet–the Architect’s Wallet–because it adds a cover to keep the notebook from getting beat up if you’re not changing it out often enough, and dedicated card slots in a slightly larger footprint.
Dimensions: 123mm x 98mm (approximately 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″).What kind of leather does FFF use?All of our leather goods are made using Horween leather. Horween is a tannery in Chicago, Illinois that has been in business since 1905. There are excellent tanneries around the world, and others based in the US, but we’ve chosen to use only Horween as we just love their product and their history of commitment to excellence. You can find more information about the leathers themselves all over the web, and particularly straight from the source at Horween, but here are some notes focusing mainly how we use their various tannages in our products (obviously color is a key factor for us when choosing a leather to make a product, but perhaps more important is how the leather ‘works’, as some work excellently in one product but not in another…and not every color is available in every tannage, so a part of the FFF design process is choosing which leathers will be used to make a product and accounting for its particular characteristics while designing).
For our products, a regular CXL leather is used when we can use a thicker leather that doesn’t need to be size-critical; CXL will stretch a bit with use to conform to whatever it’s used for…so, we can’t use a regular cowhide CXL leather for a custom length watchband but it works great for an adjustable watchband or a clutch. It will scuff easily, but a little friction with your thumb will remove all but the deepest gouges easily.
Horsefront can be tanned in several different ways, and each way produces pluses and minuses:
Due to the hand-made-to-order nature of our products, if it is the holidays or during one of our very rare sales when orders spike, the crafting time will increase, and your ‘to the door’ time will also increase.
Your order gets to your door as (crafting time)+(time in transit). You will receive an email when your order ships with tracking information to follow its progress (check your spam folder for an email from us)…do note that USPS/international tracking (and shipping speed in general) is a bit less reliable than FedEx, particularly during the holidays–you get what you pay for, but if you’re willing to wait a bit the USPS is a great lower cost option.
United States Postal Service (USPS) domestic shipping: Low cost, and typically reliable except during the holiday season or other times of heavy demand, when delivery times can slip drastically. Quoted USPS shipping times are an estimate, and are not guaranteed.
- Economy Shipping (USPS First Class; $0.00): standard crafting time, and then 2-6+ days in transit. NOTE: free economy shipping does not include replacement of lost/damaged/stolen-in-transit goods. You are rolling the dice with the USPS/porch pirates.
- Standard (USPS First Class; $2.50 per order + 1% of order total): Same shipping speed as Economy, but we will send a free replacement of any items damaged/lost in transit, and will re-make and re-ship your order if it has not arrived within 21 days of shipment.
FedEx domestic shipping: Higher cost, higher reliability, date-specific delivery. See FedEx US Service Guide for a more complete description of services and obligations. We do not require signatures on domestic FedEx shipments. All FedEx shipment options include the same replacement for lost/damaged goods as Standard shipping, above.
- FedEx 2day: ($8.25, free with $175 order) standard crafting time (will vary during holidays/other times of heavy demand), plus 2 business days in transit. You will receive an email when your order ships with a tracking number and a guaranteed delivery date.
- FedEx Overnight: Priority crafting (your order moves to the head of the current crafting line), plus next business day delivery.
Form•Function•Form shall not be responsible for loss damage, or theft of any order shipped internationally via USPS/your-local-government-postal-carrier. No refunds shall be offered on international shipping fees/product charges due to delays in transit or lost/stolen merchandise shipped via USPS. For guaranteed delivery dates and packages insured against loss, theft, and damage, please use the FedEx delivery options. CUSTOMS OFFICES IN YOUR COUNTRY CAN CAUSE EXTREMELY LONG DELAYS AT TIMES. THIS IS BEYOND OUR CONTROL, and unfortunately there is nothing we can do if your USPS order is taking a long time. If you need an order in a timely manner, we suggest FedEx.
- Economy shipping via USPS First Class Package International (about $12; price varies by location and shipment weight–max weight 4 pounds. Add products to cart to find your exact shipping fee): standard crafting time, plus 10-30+ days in transit (customs dependent, NOTE: customs delays are possible and completely unavoidable from our end. If your country’s customs office is slow, or backed up–particularly during the holidays–your package will simply sit until they get to it).
- Expedited via FedEx (price varies by location, depending on weight): Priority crafting (your order moves to the head of the current crafting line), plus 1-5 business days in transit. Check your specific country at the FedEx Rates and Transit Times estimator, from US zip code 32804. By default, we ship international orders as ‘signature required.’
- All returns are subject to our returns policy, visible here.
- Free return shipping for all US orders. Contact us via our contact page for a pre-paid label.
- International customers: we encourage you to ship return orders via insured, signature-confirmation methods AFTER contacting us–please do not ship items without first contacting us in case we need you to keep certain items for an exchange, or other specifics related to your order. Form•Function•Form shall not be responsible for return shipments that are lost, damaged, or otherwise do not make it to our studio in the condition they left your hands. Contact us before returning any goods; we reserve the right to refuse delivery/refund/replacement of any goods returned without prior authorization.
Hands down the best wallet I’ve ever owned in my life. So good that it wears in after half a year and fits even better. Allows you to capture everything and anything. Simply the best.
So I had placed my order for a sweet new multi function wallet/mini note pad. Thinking how could this really get any better. And that’s when it did. Shawn has reached out to me(good thing I used my real number) because the attention to detail and wanting me to have the best wallet I could get went over a number of different fonts with me that were outside of the normal offering which was awesome cause we found the perfect one. Then he explained how it will be a nice subtle yet classy engraving to add to the already sweet look of the leather. So moral of my story is that I’m super happy with the over all experience and even happier with my new wallet. 10/10 would fully recommend to anyone looking for a simple yet multi functional wallet
Great wallet, extremely well made and the design is well thought out and executed. Not many products out there combine functionality and usefulness with very high quality. But this wallet does. EXCELLENT customer service as well. What a find! I will be purchasing more items. Thanks a lot!!
I stared at this wallet for about a year before I finally bought it. I like to have a notebook and a pen with me, and I was tired of the added bulk in my back pocket. This was a perfect solution! And it shipped in a timely manner. I look forward to all the compliments I will get when I pull it out in the future to jot something down. Thanks, folks!
Basically exactly what I was looking for. Leather is good quality. I feel like this is something I'll be able to pass down to the next generation, and that's pretty cool.
So saw this wallet on Reddit and thought it looked cool. I looked on this site and saw it was made in the USA and I was sold. I ordered it on Friday and it came in on Monday with my initials on front and some special engraving inside. I ordered the XS version and it is perfect for my needs. This is a must have for your EDC collection. Thanks Shawn!
I've gone thru a number of mid tier wallets that have lasted anywhere from 1-3 years before falling apart. I am 2 years into ownership and this is the best wallet I have ever bought. The nice thing about such high quality leather is that when the wallet inevitably stretches out it is easy to reshrink the wallet back to tightly gripping your cards.