- We’ve simplified our color offerings on the site over the years (because decision fatigue is a real thing), but if we’ve still got the leather on hand, we could be persuaded to make you a wallet from one of the many Horween colors we have.
- USA made Fisher Space Pen, chrome (silver color), matte black, or raw brass–raw brass WILL tarnish with age.
- USA made YKK rivet; bright nickel (silver color), matte black, or brass to match pen.
- Includes two Moleskine Volant xsmall notebooks. Extra replacements available at your local paper goods store or on Amazon.
- Dimensions: 4.75″x3.5″ (about as tall as an iPhone and as wide as a credit card).
- Use coupon code ‘NoPenOrNotebookPlease’ for a $25 discount for just the stitched leather portion (space pen and notebook, as is probably obvious, not included–so it’s the leather portion only).
- Use coupon code ‘NoPenPlease’ for a $20 discount for the wallet¬ebook without the pen (Space pen not included; bring your own).
I put my two most-used cards inside the notebook flap, face-to-face with magnetic strips not touching. Keeping them in their own, covered slot seems to have kept the magnetic strips ‘alive’ longer, which is a nice time-saver in checkout lines.
The rare times I have cash or a receipt to save, I’ll either fold and stick them in the pages of the notebook, or slide them behind the credit cards in the inside pocket.
Less frequently used cards (insurance, ATM, and driver’s license) go in the larger slot behind the notebook. I’ve moved all my annoying club & gift cards to my phone. All numbers and PIN codes, alongside all my login and password data, are protected by the secure and remarkably useful 1Password app.”
- Chromexcel (Natural, Ink, Black, etc.) tanned leathers tend to stretch more than others: an average sized bracelet can easily be stretched almost 1/2 of an inch with limited force, and an adjustable watchband will usually stretch one extra hole's length (1/4") after a week or two of wear. Chromexcel often takes on a slightly lighter color when stretched.
- Veg Tan leathers 'give' slightly less than Chromexcel, but sill stretch--especially when wet. Stretched Veg Tan typically retains the same color as unstretched.
- Latigo leathers stretch very, very little, due to their tight grain and tanning processes.
- Shell Cordovan leathers exhibit minimal stretch compared to the veg tan and chromexcel, due to the unique structure of the leather. They will, however, move slightly with time and pressure--an average bracelet-sized strip of Cordovan can gain just under 1/4" in length with limited, intentional force; this is why our Original Custom Button-Stud Watchband is tight at first, and stretches to fit perfectly after one or two wearings.
- Russet leathers stretch very little, if at all, though are initially more stiff than the other leathers. With time and wear, they will soften up, but not as much as the other leathers.
- Ultra-Thin HF (Horsefront) leathers are very thin, but due to the characteristics of horsehide, exhibit minimal stretch. They are excellent for when the absolute lightest weight leather is needed, but a very light weight regular chromexcel or veg tan (cow hide) leather would lose its shape.