The Architect’s Wallet eliminates the multiple layers of paper-thin leather dividers of typical wallets, in favor of minimalism and usability. Instead of dozens of cute little slots, it incorporates a write-anywhere Fisher Space Pen in matte black, silver, or polished brass, and a take-anywhere extra small Moleskine Volant notebook (two included, purchase more on Amazon or at your local paper goods store) that is slightly larger than a credit card.
With space for three cards inside the notebook flap and five to ten in the thumb-slot pouch (tight fit at first, but the leather will stretch to fit over time), and space for some folded cash and receipts in either slot, the minimalist design will easily fit in the front pocket of all but the skinniest jeans, and the inherent stretch of the leather will conform to your pocket over time.
If you secretly want a purse in your pocket to carry around all of your club membership cards, Mr. Costanza, this is probably not the wallet for you.
If you appreciate the fact that this hand crafted, saddle-stitched piece of thick, rugged 5/6oz leather will very likely be the last wallet you ever have to purchase–in short, if you appreciate fewer high quality things, rather than more mediocre things–we guarantee that this will fit the bill(s).
Note: You should expect the notebook cover to get worn out if you don’t fill/swap it out quickly. If you would like to have a cover to protect the notebook from wear and tear, we suggest the Charette Wallet, a sister design to the Architect.
Available in an array of colors aside from those shown here. If you’d like a different color, you can just pick one of the options here and make a note in the ‘special instructions’ field with the color you’d like.
Dimensions: 87mm x 115mm (approximately 3-3/8″ x 4.5″)What kind of leather does FFF use?All of our leather goods are made using Horween leather. Horween is a tannery in Chicago, Illinois that has been in business since 1905. There are excellent tanneries around the world, and others based in the US, but we’ve chosen to use only Horween as we just love their product and their history of commitment to excellence. You can find more information about the leathers themselves all over the web, and particularly straight from the source at Horween, but here are some notes focusing mainly how we use their various tannages in our products (obviously color is a key factor for us when choosing a leather to make a product, but perhaps more important is how the leather ‘works’, as some work excellently in one product but not in another…and not every color is available in every tannage, so a part of the FFF design process is choosing which leathers will be used to make a product and accounting for its particular characteristics while designing).
For our products, a regular CXL leather is used when we can use a thicker leather that doesn’t need to be size-critical; CXL will stretch a bit with use to conform to whatever it’s used for…so, we can’t use a regular cowhide CXL leather for a custom length watchband but it works great for an adjustable watchband or a clutch. It will scuff easily, but a little friction with your thumb will remove all but the deepest gouges easily.
Horsefront can be tanned in several different ways, and each way produces pluses and minuses:
Due to the hand-made-to-order nature of our products, if it is the holidays or during one of our very rare sales when orders spike, the crafting time will increase, and your ‘to the door’ time will also increase.
Your order gets to your door as (crafting time)+(time in transit). You will receive an email when your order ships with tracking information to follow its progress (check your spam folder for an email from us)…do note that USPS/international tracking (and shipping speed in general) is a bit less reliable than FedEx, particularly during the holidays–you get what you pay for, but if you’re willing to wait a bit the USPS is a great lower cost option.
United States Postal Service (USPS) domestic shipping: Low cost, and typically reliable except during the holiday season or other times of heavy demand, when delivery times can slip drastically. Quoted USPS shipping times are an estimate, and are not guaranteed.
- Economy Shipping (USPS First Class; $0.00): standard crafting time, and then 2-6+ days in transit. NOTE: free economy shipping does not include replacement of lost/damaged/stolen-in-transit goods. You are rolling the dice with the USPS/porch pirates.
- Standard (USPS First Class; $2.50 per order + 1% of order total): Same shipping speed as Economy, but we will send a free replacement of any items damaged/lost in transit, and will re-make and re-ship your order if it has not arrived within 21 days of shipment.
FedEx domestic shipping: Higher cost, higher reliability, date-specific delivery. See FedEx US Service Guide for a more complete description of services and obligations. We do not require signatures on domestic FedEx shipments. All FedEx shipment options include the same replacement for lost/damaged goods as Standard shipping, above.
- FedEx 2day: ($8.25, free with $175 order) standard crafting time (will vary during holidays/other times of heavy demand), plus 2 business days in transit. You will receive an email when your order ships with a tracking number and a guaranteed delivery date.
- FedEx Overnight: Priority crafting (your order moves to the head of the current crafting line), plus next business day delivery.
Form•Function•Form shall not be responsible for loss damage, or theft of any order shipped internationally via USPS/your-local-government-postal-carrier. No refunds shall be offered on international shipping fees/product charges due to delays in transit or lost/stolen merchandise shipped via USPS. For guaranteed delivery dates and packages insured against loss, theft, and damage, please use the FedEx delivery options. CUSTOMS OFFICES IN YOUR COUNTRY CAN CAUSE EXTREMELY LONG DELAYS AT TIMES. THIS IS BEYOND OUR CONTROL, and unfortunately there is nothing we can do if your USPS order is taking a long time. If you need an order in a timely manner, we suggest FedEx.
- Economy shipping via USPS First Class Package International (about $12; price varies by location and shipment weight–max weight 4 pounds. Add products to cart to find your exact shipping fee): standard crafting time, plus 10-30+ days in transit (customs dependent, NOTE: customs delays are possible and completely unavoidable from our end. If your country’s customs office is slow, or backed up–particularly during the holidays–your package will simply sit until they get to it).
- Expedited via FedEx (price varies by location, depending on weight): Priority crafting (your order moves to the head of the current crafting line), plus 1-5 business days in transit. Check your specific country at the FedEx Rates and Transit Times estimator, from US zip code 32804. By default, we ship international orders as ‘signature required.’
- All returns are subject to our returns policy, visible here.
- Free return shipping for all US orders. Contact us via our contact page for a pre-paid label.
- International customers: we encourage you to ship return orders via insured, signature-confirmation methods AFTER contacting us–please do not ship items without first contacting us in case we need you to keep certain items for an exchange, or other specifics related to your order. Form•Function•Form shall not be responsible for return shipments that are lost, damaged, or otherwise do not make it to our studio in the condition they left your hands. Contact us before returning any goods; we reserve the right to refuse delivery/refund/replacement of any goods returned without prior authorization.
Only had it for a couple of weeks but I love it so far. I’m a general contractor and like having physical notes but didn’t want a big notebook on me at all times. Works perfectly, looks great.
Fantastic product, workmanship, customization AND all topped off with a personal handwritten note from the factory. Just awesome guys. Keep it up!
I am super happy about the item - I wanted a small thing and this is even smaller than I thought, so totally fits my idea. Materials, pen, notebook - all 10/10 could not change much :) The other thing is the delivery - my first order seems to be stolen on the porch, but FFF instantly replaced it no questions asked.
Customer service was great and the wallet came quick just as promised. My new husband loved the engravement - it was a perfect experience
If you can't leave the house without having a pen on you, this is your wallet.
My wallet game has been a constant progression since my first one. Long behind are the days of that loud, Velcro, anti-mating call sounding tri-fold. No more do I carry a wallet with a chain, for I do not carry in the back giving me hip dysplasia. I shan't ever revive the flashy Nixon bi-fold in an attempt to show off how edgy I am.
In all seriousness, this is probably the last wallet I will ever have. Not only does it have that premium build and feel, but the smell of quality leather is intoxicating. I detest taking notes on my phone, so the notebook and pen is a god send. Might I add the admiration you gain from whipping this bad boy out, like a full well groomed beard, this wallet shows confidence and commands respect. I have people compliment me on it almost every time I have to use it. I will also note that I might have been the first person to receive a modified new variant of the Architect, with two slots on the opposite side of the notebook, instead of the single side pocket. Get this one if you can, but don't ask for an ID window. If you do, then you must also need to cork the end of your forks for safety.
The only tips I would give is to carry the wallet in your front pocket (where it belongs), and to have the card slots face down. The notebook will wear slower if you don't have it against your leg. I will be buying future products from this guys. $1000 products for around $100, they're the pound for pound leather good making champs. Thanks FFF.
Guys i work construction labor. In fact i did concrete. This wallet has shocked me. I have no idea why but this damn thing has been covered in concrete many times and beaten to shit. I don't understand why it looks the way it does.
I've had 2 of these in the past; one I gave as a gift and the other one, by puppy chewed! I was stoked to order another one because I used my old one constantly. Loved the little pen and everything about it. The new version has improved stitching and workmanship, and the previous one was also great. The owner was super helpful to me in the ordering process when I was having issues processing the order and even gave me a discount for helping him sort out the issue because they were updating the pay-wall and trouble-shooting. Really great experience all around and the delivery process was really fast as well. incredibly stoked to have this gear back in my life.