The Nickel Bag
Local product testers who we bribed with Penney Clutches to test out loved the simplicity of the design, but admitted that sometimes they wanted something a bit larger and with a strap. The classic envelope-lines of this convertible crossbody bag has a hidden magnetic closure and removable, adjustable shoulder strap (strap is interchangeable with our other women’s products). Solid brass hardware and your choice of crossbody strap color (standard color combinations indicated, but feel free to pick your own or add a second strap to change up the look).
Outer body of bag is a single piece of laser cut Horween HF leather (lightweight for a ‘floppy bag’ aesthetic and durable) completely hand stitched with rolled standing seam angular front detail. Smooth hook style strap clips securely attach to bag, but when unclipped leave no bulky toggles for a smooth envelope clutch. Lifetime warranty. Adjustable strap for varying height/wear pattern.
Standard Strap Color Combinations (“Bag body color: strap color.” Feel free to be adventurous here. Life is short. Don’t stress):
- HF Latte: Dublin Ale strap (matching color hue, different heavier weight leather), works well with all options.
- HF Natural Chromexcel (Espresso): Natural Chromexcel strap (matching color, different heavier weight leather), works well with all options.
- Waxed Horsefront Fog Grey: Works well with all colors, standard is an deep navy Baltic Blue strap.
- Waxed Horsefront Coffee: Natural Chromexcel strap
- Waxed Horsefront Royal Purple: Matching Purple Latigo strap, heavier weight leather
- Waxed Horsefront Tumbled Ink: Predator Ink Blue (matching hue).
- Waxed Horsefront Aquamarine: Predator Dark Tan strap. Also suggest Dublin Ale for a lighter tan or Natural Chromexcel.
- Predator HF – Blackout w/ Black Chromexcel & natural tan reverse-side strap. Black reverse side Latigo is an option if you’d prefer an all-black look, though we like the tan reverse side of the Black Chromexcel to add a bit of color.
Dimensions: 290mm X 235mm X 35mm (approximately 11-1/2″ x 9-1/4″ x 1.5″)
I’ve only had it for a couple of days, but I’ve already gotten lots of compliments. It’s big enough to hold all the essentials and light enough to bring with me everywhere. If you’re worried that the penny clutch is too small, this one is perfect.
I don't know if it's the smell, the colors, or the functionality I love the most. It's perfect to throw in my bigger bag on work days and more perfect to throw the strap on for lighter adventures. FFF worked with me from across the country to make the most beautiful bag and I've never gotten more compliments. Thank you!