The reviews & articles below are a featured selection of press we’ve been honored to receive over time. Some of the people were provided complimentary products to review, but there were never restrictions placed on what could be said about our goods. form•function•form always stresses to writers that they be honest and forthcoming in their critiques as well as their praise. If you purchase our goods and find them to have been misrepresented or in any way not up to your standards, that will simply not do, and will be remedied. See our returns page for our service philosophy and further information.
- A&H Magazine – shawn and Corey Knight (Brand & Personal Interview): [...]We talk to the people behind the brands, behind the companies and get to know them and their story. Learn what makes then tick and what inspires them to do more than just work another 9 to 5. …one of the most intimate People interviews yet.[...] (ed.: the excellent photography in the article was by f•f•f friend Ian Jones, an excellent portrait photographer, at Kelian Photography. Giant thanks to him).
- Free/Man Conversations – shawn and Nick (Brand Interview): [...]Shawn’s affinity for fishing while growing up throughout the US, mixed with a lack of high quality, original leather made goods from top grade materials that fit his preferences were the founding measures of form•function•form. These ingredients have led to an upstart who is making a lot of buzz in the menswear community and Free / Man got a chance to speak with the man behind the work.[...]
- Alex Grant – Skip (Architect’s Wallet & Bow Shackle Bracelet): [...]As some of you might know, I’m very fond of my BillyKirk cardholder so I was a little hesitant when Shawn asked me to review his Architect’s Wallet. But when he described that it comes with a Moleskine notebook and a Fisher Space Pen (both which I was already carrying around), I realized just how perfect it would be to consolidate these items into one pocket.[...]
- The History Of My World – Gabe (The BFS Bracelet (x) & Bow Shackle Bracelet): [...]Overall, I must say I really like the offerings from Shawn and Co. at Form Function Form. There’s definitely something there for every guy, even if you’re not into bracelets. However, if you are these are a great alternative to that friendship bracelet you bought for $10 at J. Crew (I’ve done this) or the one your ex gave you (because let’s be serious – you’re not friends). Give the boys a shot at Form Function Form and tell ‘em Gabe sent ya. You won’t be disappointed.[...]
- Dreams of Perfection – Paul (Lure Bracelet & Bow Shackle Bracelet): [...]Shawn stressed to me that quality is top notch in what they offer, so he attached simple instructions: “Do not handle with care.” So I’ve not worried about removing the bracelet at all over the past two weeks, even while performing activities such as playing ice hockey, working out, and even showering…Shawn was also kind enough to send me a second bracelet, one that I will be wearing a hell of a lot of the time come summer: the Lure Bracelet. As a guy who used to fish a bit while in college (who has the time anymore?), I love this bracelet.[...] (ed.: you make time for fishing.)
- The Momentum of Failure – Will (Lure Bracelet & Spoor Key Fob):
[...]I was swung a lure wristwrap and a mini multi-tool carrier complete with
butanelighter. Both should come in handy when camping. Especially the multi-tool holder. Light for fires and smokes and mallows (if fire fails) and whatever else I want to burn.[...] (ed.: Lighter is not butane; Will made a mistake…but, look how pretty he is. You can forgive him.)
- N’East Style – Christine (Lure Bracelet & Bow Shackle Bracelet): [...]I wanted to give the bracelet a bit of a hunting/fishing theme by having the cord blaze orange. The result was exactly what I had hoped for with a silvery fish paired with the blaze. The Eagle Claw hook closure completes the concept and was quite easy to fasten and unfasten on my own. Shawn was very kind and sent me a second bracelet, the Bow Shackle, with my second color choice hunter green. It has turned out to be an equal favorite for me with the closure’s nod to closure to an authentic, yacht-quality bow shackle.[...]
- Dapper Demeanor – CB (The BFS Bracelet (x) and Bow Shackle Bracelet): [...]Getting into jewelry can be tough for guys. When it comes to styling a piece, my school of thought is to wear pieces that you’ll forget about. You want bracelets, rings, and watches to be an extension of you. Either you never take them off or putting them on is akin to putting on underwear: it’s second nature. I haven’t taken the Bow Shackle off since its arrived and it works well with all of my ensembles. form.function.form is a great option for guys looking for something stylish without going off the sartorial deep end. The pieces are unique, well made, and priced well. I’ll definitely be picking up some of their other goods and look forward to what the brand offers in the future.[...]